Saturday, January 01, 2005

June

PS, I Love You
Written by Cecelia Ahern


Tee-hee, this book caught my eye because it reminded me of a Sweet Dreams pocketbook. The story revolves around Holly, a young woman recently widowed and how she tries to cope to life without him. Her husband, Gerry, seemingly reaches out from beyond to help her along the way. The book had me alternately laughing out loud and crying – a touching and moving read for newly married ladies or those in a committed relationship.

My Fair Maladies: Funny Essays and Poems on Various Ailments and Afflictions
Edited by Cristina Pantoja Hidalgo


Off the top of my head, the list of books by Filipnos in my collection are Noli Me Tangere and El Filibusterismo by Jose Rizal, Manila, My Manila by Nick Joaquin and Presidential Plunder by Jovito Salonga. Isn't that sad? If I scrounge around our bookshelves I'll probably come up with a few more titles, but all the same, I have to build the list up a bit. Also, I recently joined Book Crossing and I intend to scatter a few books by Filipinos the next time I take a trip out of the country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home