September
magis: writings on faith, joy & love
Edited by Queena N. Lee-Chua
“You bought a book because of one essay?!”
This was Eric’s incredulous reply when I excitedly told him about my latest purchase. Yes, I bought a book because of one essay. It’s called Love Handles and it perfectly encapsulates how I feel about Eric’s expanded waistline.
Eric is one of those gifted people for whom sports comes as naturally as breathing. He was an athlete for most of his life and on all his old photos he was thin as a reed. Now, things are different. It’s not uncommon for his high school & college friends to shout, “Eric! Ang taba-taba mo!” to which he would throw an accusing look at me.
I admit, it is my fault. Evidence of our four years together is right in front; there’s a tummy where there was none before and a second chin when there used to be just one.
Ain’t life grand?
Edited by Queena N. Lee-Chua
“You bought a book because of one essay?!”
This was Eric’s incredulous reply when I excitedly told him about my latest purchase. Yes, I bought a book because of one essay. It’s called Love Handles and it perfectly encapsulates how I feel about Eric’s expanded waistline.
Eric is one of those gifted people for whom sports comes as naturally as breathing. He was an athlete for most of his life and on all his old photos he was thin as a reed. Now, things are different. It’s not uncommon for his high school & college friends to shout, “Eric! Ang taba-taba mo!” to which he would throw an accusing look at me.
I admit, it is my fault. Evidence of our four years together is right in front; there’s a tummy where there was none before and a second chin when there used to be just one.
Ain’t life grand?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home