Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Church flowers

RCJC Flowershop

Caleruega is a beautiful and picturesque chapel, you don't really need to do much to dress it up. Lest you think that flowers are only the girl's concern, Eric has very clear ideas of what he likes and doesn't like. On one of our visits to the church, the flowers were vibrant shades of orange and yellow and he said those were the flowers he wanted. Then at Deza's wedding, all the arrangements were in white and he concluded that THAT was the color scheme for us. And you think I'm fickle-minded? But us girls know how to handle these things, right? ;)

Actually I wanted white flowers too. It's a color that works well with the warm terra-cotta bricks, it also enhances the solemnity of the ceremony and adds to the coziness of the church. As soon as I figured it out, I researched for photos and arrangements which I then showed Eric for his approval. Next step, finding a florist to pull it off.

Given my logistical concerns, it seemed like the best option for us would be to tap a Tagaytay-based florist. With exactly five weeks to go we looked up RCJC Flowers*. We had a pretty straight-forward, no-nonsense meeting with Ms. Cora and the quotation she gave us was very reasonable (for an additional fee she'll move the flowers to the reception venue). I knew exactly what kind of flowers I wanted to use and there were samples at her shop for Eric to look at and approve.

Package details:
Soft, cloud-like arrangements using white roses, spider moms, spray carnations and baby's breath; absolutely no chrysanthemums, Malaysian moms, gerberas, calla lilies; satin ribbon accents in gold and brown. All stands to be provided by the supplier or church, candles and pouches to be provided by the client. After the recessional, RCJC will pull-out and transfer all aisle stands to Balay Indang.

  • Entrance arrangement
    Floral arrangement at the apex of the arch with a soft, billowy tulle swag flowing down the sides and ending a few feet off the ground.

  • Aisle arrangements (4 pairs)
    Floral arrangements on pew-high iron stands with gold ribbons trailing down to the floor.

  • Floral arrangement for the lectern

  • Floral arrangements for the two ceremonial candles and memorial candle

  • Floral arrangement for the offertory

  • Multi-colored petal confetti (but no pink or violet) to be placed in organza pouches


Having to change florists at the 11th hour made me a little queasy, but one of the benefits of doing so is that your priorities at this point are so much clearer. If Dangwa were nearby I'd have one of the local florists there do it and if it wasn't my own wedding I'd oversee the arrangements myself. Friends have been telling us not to spend too much on church flowers because guests don't really notice the flowers (especially since most of the time is spent at the reception). But the ceremony is hugely important to us and I didn't want to let details regarding the church just slip by either. Finding RCJC was a happy compromise and I'm very thankful that they'll be taking care of it.

*In the course of finalizing our contract with Ridge Blooms, we ran into a few snags that couldn’t be resolved and so we decided to part ways. There are no hard feelings on either side and we wish Jing all the best with her business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home