Enrico's Crush
There’s a photo hanging in our living room that Eric just loves to stare at, he says the lady in it is his crush. I can’t really blame him because she is such a beautiful bride.
My parents got married on December 1970 at the Pope Pius XII Catholic Center, near the house that I grew up in. Mommy wore a short-sleeved gown, elbow length gloves and had big bee-hive hair (you can see it peeking through her furry head dress). Daddy was in a cream colored suit and an olive green tie (I think this was their motif).
In most of the photos in their wedding album, none of the boys in my mom’s family are smiling – they didn’t like my dad. Haha! My mom is all sweetness and innocence in her photos, but behind that lovely face is a fiery character with a will power of steel; she may have been youngest in the family but was the pillar that supported everyone. Mommy had made her decision and nothing her father or brothers said could make her change her mind…that’s how much she loved my dad.

Their marriage wasn’t without its ups and downs and I still remember a few of their arguments (I was very close to both of them – guess it came with being the youngest and the only girl after 3 rambunctious boys). Sometimes Mom would rant about Daddy but after she cooled down, they would patch things up and everything would be right as rain. They never lost their respect or affection for one another – if we could only all be so lucky as to have a marriage such as theirs.
Mommy passed away fourteen years ago. Dad’s voice still gets a little soft and quiet whenever he remembers her and I know that he loves her just as much as he did when they exchanged vows 35 years ago.
![]() | ![]() |
My parents got married on December 1970 at the Pope Pius XII Catholic Center, near the house that I grew up in. Mommy wore a short-sleeved gown, elbow length gloves and had big bee-hive hair (you can see it peeking through her furry head dress). Daddy was in a cream colored suit and an olive green tie (I think this was their motif).
In most of the photos in their wedding album, none of the boys in my mom’s family are smiling – they didn’t like my dad. Haha! My mom is all sweetness and innocence in her photos, but behind that lovely face is a fiery character with a will power of steel; she may have been youngest in the family but was the pillar that supported everyone. Mommy had made her decision and nothing her father or brothers said could make her change her mind…that’s how much she loved my dad.

Their marriage wasn’t without its ups and downs and I still remember a few of their arguments (I was very close to both of them – guess it came with being the youngest and the only girl after 3 rambunctious boys). Sometimes Mom would rant about Daddy but after she cooled down, they would patch things up and everything would be right as rain. They never lost their respect or affection for one another – if we could only all be so lucky as to have a marriage such as theirs.
![]() | ![]() |
Mommy passed away fourteen years ago. Dad’s voice still gets a little soft and quiet whenever he remembers her and I know that he loves her just as much as he did when they exchanged vows 35 years ago.





4 Comments:
*blush*
-sneaky bastard
Hi. I was just bloghopping. Your mom was beautiful.
i love old wedding pics, they're just so... classic. wedding pics nowadays seem so harsh, even though they are in color. why don't you and eric get some black and whites too?
That's the plan!
We're going for a traditional album -- no "digital storybook" lay-outs for me.
Post a Comment
<< Home