Back to wedding preparations again
The designer that we'll be working with recently wrote me that she's had a number of inquiries from brides who are getting married on Dec. 16, 2006 and suggested that Eric and I get a move on with our preparations. She's really such a sweetie and we feel blessed to have met such a wonderful person.
Taking her advice to heart, we've started discussing our wedding preparations again after a 3-month hiatus. Eric is supposed to look into our wedding cake while I'm thinking of researching on florists. He has also made a decision regarding our wedding photographer and we tried to meet with her last week. Unfortunately that didn't pan out the way we wanted to, but we're hopeful that it was just one of those rare snafus that happens to the best of us.
I got side-tracked from thinking about florists and stylists when a W@Wie wrote the group about her gown. The luster of the material just took my breath away and I immediately wrote her. Happily, I found her on-line and struck up a conversation. She was very patient with me and also offered to lend me her fabric swatches. I'm very thankful that I got to talk to her because it gave me a better idea of the kind of material to look for.

What we have here is indian dupioni. It's 100% silk, and has a raw & natural quality that I'm really drawn to. The knobbiness is best seen in the first swatch and adds character to it (materials with a similar texture are shantung and thai silk). The photos are not quite like the real thing; pearl is more champagne-like in color, rust has more sheen to it than seen here and the wheat has a fuschia undertone.
Eric went through the swatches and I asked him to pick out a color he liked - he went for the rust and pearl too. No decisions yet. There are the suppliers of Mindanao silk and Ilocano abel (proudly Philippine-made!) to meet with and we haven't ruled out satin or other smooth fabrics. Plus of course a meeting with our dear designer before making a final decision.
Taking her advice to heart, we've started discussing our wedding preparations again after a 3-month hiatus. Eric is supposed to look into our wedding cake while I'm thinking of researching on florists. He has also made a decision regarding our wedding photographer and we tried to meet with her last week. Unfortunately that didn't pan out the way we wanted to, but we're hopeful that it was just one of those rare snafus that happens to the best of us.
I got side-tracked from thinking about florists and stylists when a W@Wie wrote the group about her gown. The luster of the material just took my breath away and I immediately wrote her. Happily, I found her on-line and struck up a conversation. She was very patient with me and also offered to lend me her fabric swatches. I'm very thankful that I got to talk to her because it gave me a better idea of the kind of material to look for.

What we have here is indian dupioni. It's 100% silk, and has a raw & natural quality that I'm really drawn to. The knobbiness is best seen in the first swatch and adds character to it (materials with a similar texture are shantung and thai silk). The photos are not quite like the real thing; pearl is more champagne-like in color, rust has more sheen to it than seen here and the wheat has a fuschia undertone.
Eric went through the swatches and I asked him to pick out a color he liked - he went for the rust and pearl too. No decisions yet. There are the suppliers of Mindanao silk and Ilocano abel (proudly Philippine-made!) to meet with and we haven't ruled out satin or other smooth fabrics. Plus of course a meeting with our dear designer before making a final decision.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home