Saturday, August 06, 2005

The theme

…soft lighting, candles flickering on the table…beautiful music that soothes and stirs the soul… fine dining, exquisite food…dark-colored wood, dainty china and silverware, fanciful linens…a hint of Christmas in the air, touches of whimsy here and there…an emphasis on the genteel, a slow and relaxed pace, listening to and enjoying all the senses…

How do you describe a theme when it’s not so much a look but a feel?



Try watching the movie Under the Tuscan Sun, maybe that’ll give you a better understanding of what I'm trying to describe. Something akin to the European style of design, an eye for detail but not so much the intricacy rather a humbler, quieter approach. Not shabby chic as Eric and I are not what you would call trendy. Not country because that seems a little too American.


What we want is something Old World with a touch of playfulness and whimsy – I think that this probably comes closest to the kind of people we are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home