Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Wanted: Production Designer

Since getting engaged, I've started paying more attention to the wedding industry. In the past 8 months, it seems like more and more wedding coordination companies are cropping up. There's even a Professional Wedding Coordination Course being offered at one of the local colleges. I'm not too sure how I feel about all this, but as a consumer, it's nice to know that the company whose services you're hiring has done its homework. Money doesn't grow on trees and education is always an investment.

Recent additions to the retinue of suppliers now present at weddings include the coordinator, events stylist, back-up photographers and special effects technicians (lights, sounds, and pyrotechnics). Things seem to be getting a bit complicated, and frankly, I don’t understand why. Is it really that complex?

I think of the wedding as a sort of production and what I'd like to have is a production designer &/or assistant. Someone who understands our vision of the wedding and will help us make it a reality. People who will make sure that things look the way they should and that everything is where they are supposed to be. Someone to take charge while our brains are off and I'm on push-button mode. People to act on our behalf and take care of the things that we would normally see to if we weren't the ones getting married.

Someone who will be me. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home