Rounding the bend
It's been a hectic week but I feel like I turned a corner and came out on top. =D
Things have been building up at work. There are certain months in the year when we enjoy a couple of weeks of quiet brainlessness. Well that's a thing of the past and the last month we've taken to yelling at each other in the office to relieve stress. It's never personal and we all know the drill, things just get a little sticky when egos and personalities get in the way. Ranting and raving is a fun way to get things off your chest.
Next up, the first semester is about to end and my teacher kicked the pace up a notch. I was given one week to rework a proposal for a research paper into a module so I was a little put out about the whole thing. This translated to laziness in preparing slides (but I was spot on for the data itself). Happily, I received positive feedback from my classmates about my presentation which got me thinking again about why I left teaching in the first place.
And lastly, this week was a personal challenge to see if I could hack having a part-time job. I promised myself that I would not bring external concerns into the office while at the same time knew that I had to live up to my commitments to the project. This week was a test run of my beefed-up schedule and I was a little apprehensive about the pace. But it looks like everything is working out nicely and I've been able to strike a balance with most of my responsibilities. Snaps for mee!
There is a downside to all this...I had to let go of wedding preparations for awhile. I've been running on adrenalin and my brain is wired a little differently these days that shifting gears to wedding preparations seems unwise. I was supposed to schedule a meeting with my designer (so sorry V!) and reply to a proposal from an event stylist, but haven't found the time for these things just yet. I don't trust myself to make decisions about designs right now, so in the meantime, Dec. 16, 2006 will be left to simmer in the back burner of my mind.
Things have been building up at work. There are certain months in the year when we enjoy a couple of weeks of quiet brainlessness. Well that's a thing of the past and the last month we've taken to yelling at each other in the office to relieve stress. It's never personal and we all know the drill, things just get a little sticky when egos and personalities get in the way. Ranting and raving is a fun way to get things off your chest.
Next up, the first semester is about to end and my teacher kicked the pace up a notch. I was given one week to rework a proposal for a research paper into a module so I was a little put out about the whole thing. This translated to laziness in preparing slides (but I was spot on for the data itself). Happily, I received positive feedback from my classmates about my presentation which got me thinking again about why I left teaching in the first place.
And lastly, this week was a personal challenge to see if I could hack having a part-time job. I promised myself that I would not bring external concerns into the office while at the same time knew that I had to live up to my commitments to the project. This week was a test run of my beefed-up schedule and I was a little apprehensive about the pace. But it looks like everything is working out nicely and I've been able to strike a balance with most of my responsibilities. Snaps for mee!
There is a downside to all this...I had to let go of wedding preparations for awhile. I've been running on adrenalin and my brain is wired a little differently these days that shifting gears to wedding preparations seems unwise. I was supposed to schedule a meeting with my designer (so sorry V!) and reply to a proposal from an event stylist, but haven't found the time for these things just yet. I don't trust myself to make decisions about designs right now, so in the meantime, Dec. 16, 2006 will be left to simmer in the back burner of my mind.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home