Friday, October 21, 2005

Confused about purses

I must confess that the idea of “the bride’s handbag” confuses me. Yes, I understand that you need a place to store your Kleenex and other what-nots but when will you actually hold the bag? I can’t have it with me while walking down the aisle or during the ceremony and not during dinner either. This cute little custom-made number is not going to spend any prolonged period of time during the evening with me at all. It will probably be relegated to the car, the room or the dinner table. Poor little thing.

Don’t get me wrong, I love bags and think that you can’t have enough of them which is why I feel bad for the bag. I thought it was just me, until I came across Never teh Bride.

Going back to the issue at hand, I know I can leave my purse in the trusted arms of my maid-of-honor along with all the other important essentials like my phone and cash. But if that’s the case, shouldn’t she have a bag of her own?

2 Comments:

Blogger the midnight bandit said...

Nice, like a lacy-crystally maid-of-honor backpack that comes with all the essentials. Whaddya say? You think Veluz will make me one? ;-)

3:07 PM  
Blogger aimeez said...

Sure!

Maybe we should add compartments for your laptop, sample pick and other doodads? That way, you can use it for fieldwork after the wedding. You'll be a fashionable geologist!

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home