Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Mee? A control freak?


A gift from my best friend/maid of honor

My friends have often told me that I display obsessive-compulsive tendencies. So when the news of our engagement spread around, some of them groaned about how much of a control freak I would be.

To set the record straight, I think of myself as a controlled control freak.

  • Yes, I fuss about our wedding.
  • Yes, I read wedding magazines like they’re the latest bestseller.
  • Yes, the year’s bridal fairs are marked on my calendar.
  • Yes, there is a Wedding folder in my computer which I reorganize & update regularly.
  • Yes, I have Excel files for the nitty gritty stuff.
  • Yes, I scour the Net during my spare time researching on wedding trends and the like.
  • Yes, I’m on a couple of bridal mailing lists and an on-line community.
  • And yes, I am enjoying every minute of it.
Every bride would like their wedding to go as smoothly as possible. It’s human nature. But I am fully aware of the fact that you can’t prepare for everything. You do the best that you can up to the day you go on, then let go. Expect that things will not go exactly as you planned it. That’s part of the fun and what makes each wedding experience unique.

With that said, I am guarding against:
  • arguing with Eric about anything wedding-related,
  • needlessly imposing on suppliers,
  • boring my friends by constantly talking about the wedding,
  • becoming a dictator with my entourage, and
  • forgetting about the bigger picture and turning into Bridezilla.
We’ve been engaged for 354 days and so far, so good. Eric and I are getting along better than ever. Our suppliers are more like friends then service providers. My friends haven’t started avoiding me (hee, it’s actually the other way around) and I still have a pretty good grasp on reality.

Here's to hoping the second half goes as well as the first. =D

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    one more sign that you are a control freak: you bullet point everything! :D

    1:20 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home