Sunday, December 18, 2005

One year ago

This is me an hour before Eric proposed


I'm icky, yucky, sweaty and covered in beach sand
and he wants to show me this now?
I WANT TO GO HOME!


Such unromantic thoughts for one of the most memorable moments in our lives. In my defense, I didn't know he was going to propose. I am usually such a nature nut and have a sense-of-wonder that could rival any child's. I would've been in a more agreeable mood if I had any inkling of what was to come in the next hour. But as it was, I was cranky because I was rushing to get cleaned up for cocktails and turkey at a friends' house.

For some strange reason, I have always been uncooperative of any of Eric's schemes. I'm almost always the first one to say yes to whatever it is a person proposes to do, but things have always been challenging for the poor boy. From trying to ask me out, getting some alone time, planning a surprise party, I somehow manage to screw up his plans.

Needless to say, everything worked out in the end. It was a memorable moment and makes for a funny story. After he had placed the ring on my finger and we had both started to breath again, Eric couldn't help but say "You just had to be consistent and make things difficult until the very end, huh?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home