Thursday, January 05, 2006

The Mini-moon

We decided early on to finance the whole sh-bang ourselves and skip the complicated process of asking our parents for money. Although things are on a budget (which I fastidiously monitor) it's not so bad, I enjoy the freedom of making all the decisions ourselves. It's also a growing experience for us; we're learning how to handle money together, figure out priorities and work out compromises.

One of the things we decided not to fuss about is the honeymoon. It was just too stressful to try to figure out where to get the money for this and to tell you the truth, I don't think it's a big deal anyway. As long as I'm married to Eric, you can stick me anywhere and I will be a happy camper. =D

What I would like to do is hide from the world in a little B&B or maybe a nice hotel for a few days. Apparently, it's not as uncommon as I thought and there's actually a term for it. It's called a mini-moon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kudos to your (you and Eric's)decision to foot the expenses altogether! It's a very gut-wrenching and heart-warming experience all at the same time!

We felt too stressed out with the amount of planning for the wedding, let alone add the honeymoon details as well.

The mini-moon Wacky and I had was in Shangri-la Makati for 4 days and 3 nights before we left for Bangkok a few months after.

Besides, monetary gifts given during the wedding would usually be a big bonus during the honeymoon. Believe us . . . =)

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home