Friday, February 10, 2006

Album options

Most photographers today offer what is called a digital lay-out/storybook type of album. My personal take on this is that the album becomes a mish-mash of photos wherein they try to cram as many images as they can. Obviously, I don't like it. We've seen sample albums where there are as many as a dozen images as small as 2x2 on just one page. It's just too messy and busy for me.

One of the photographers that we spoke to uses the Renaissance Album. In the beginning I thought it was a little harsh-looking, an all-black, heavy leather photo album takes a little getting used to. The only other option was ivory/pearl which is just too much of a cliche. But the Renaissance style grew on me and it's now the standard by which I judge other albums. The album itself is pricey! A quick search on Google pointed me in the direction of a couple of e-Bay vendors.

We're planning to purchase the album a few months after the wedding and put it together on our own. Terry will be giving us loose pictures and because Eric himself has dabbled a bit in photography, we know where to go for additional prints.

Browsing through my newly-purchased wedding magazines (blew my allowance again!), I found an ad for some interesting looking albums. I think they're locally made (buy Filipino!) then the products are exported to the US. Took me a couple of days to figure their site out, but I finally found the proper link.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey doesnt that album place near pedro gil have one?

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home