Friday, February 17, 2006

Hotel privilege cards

One of our mini-moon options is to stay at a hotel in Makati for a couple of days. There’s nothing quite like pretending that you have oodles of money to spend. I want a big bathroom with separate shower & tub facilities whereas the fiancé (hubby by then) wants WIFI*. Since we don’t have oodles of money, I called the different hotels up and inquired about their rates as well as to check if they have a privilege card.

Sometimes I can be a glutton for punishment. I checked on four hotels and had my ear chewed off by THREE telemarketers. The first one was alright. The second was a bit of a floozy. But the third guy, his English was atrocious! And he’s supposed to be selling the card of the most expensive hotel in the area? Puh-lease!

This is the funny part. Of the four hotels I inquired with, I liked the inclusions of the hotel that didn’t make a sales pitch. It was actually my boss’ secretary who called them up and printed the info out for me. I really like the package, but it’s still too much to be cost-effective. The only way the expense would be justifiable is if we could split it with another couple.

*Don’t ask. I am of the opinion that connecting to the internet will be the farthest thing from his mind but he says he wants it so there. =P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home