Monday, February 20, 2006

Shell-shocked

The last two weeks have been a little crazy. I have been pushing myself with the whole flowers/florists business and at the same time Eric dropped a bombshell on me regarding his choice of videographer. And just when I was feeling hormonal (or maybe because of it), I decided to tackle the paperwork that's been staring at me for months now.

Wedding preparations have been getting in the way of my school work and to an extent office work. This is borderline obsession we're talking about here! Things finally came to a head last weekend and my poor brain was near over-heating. Much to Eric's relief, I promised him that I would back-off and stop fussing for awhile. It's actually quite easy to do because most of our suppliers are such wonderful people and we have a huge amount of trust in them.

Eric drove off to Subic and I went to bed early. Later in the evening I received a text from someone in my group who's getting married this year too. This girl's been in a tizzy trying to find a church & venue. I know what that feels like so I've been trying to help her as much as I could. I sleepily composed a reply, saying I'd get back to her the next morning, then went back to lalaland.

It's a good thing I didn't see her following message until the next morning or else I wouldn't have been able to get back to sleep. Apparently, she's planning her wedding on the same day as our own. Did I mention that they're planning on doing it in Tagaytay too? It's not a done deal yet as they still don't have a church. I'm a little numb and frankly, I don't know what to think. It doesn't really affect us or our plans, but all the same, it's still a bit of a shock.

1 Comments:

Blogger aimee rae said...

Hear, hear.

While reading your entry, I was already thinking of what I was going to say, being in a similar situation. But that last para made me pause and wonder whether I read it right.

I just had to shake my head afterwards.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home