Thursday, March 09, 2006

Quality time

Part of the reason why preparing for a wedding can be such a highly stressful experience is because of the seemingly endless number of details that vie for your attention -- attention that is already divided between having a full-time job, family and maybe even a personal life.

As much as I enjoy wedding preparations, I don't want it to occupy all of my free time much less the time that Eric and I spend together (pitfalls of living in two different cities). It's very tempting to use every spare minute planning for the wedding and I've been actively trying to avoid doing just that. In an effort to try to keep a sense of normalcy, I figured we should find an activity we could do together during weekends.

We both enjoy the great outdoors and being active, but our schedules are just awful. The running program I was following fizzled at Week 3 while Eric is too busy with their school teams to start on any regimen of his own. I was thinking of taking dance classes in June, but these past few weeks Eric has been going on and on about biking. As if on cue, I came across an article about the Loyola Spinning Studio. The class schedule fits right in with our own, they have reasonable membership fees and the equipment/spinners are top notch. Eric tried the class for serious cyclists, but because I'm a wimp I couldn't join the big boys. This Saturday will be my first class.

We're such old biddies that exercising together qualifies as quality time. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home