My life in a nutshell
Things have been topsy-turvy for a few months now and I've been putting off writing until I can catch my breath. But then again, one never really "has time" until you "make time" and at the rate things are going, all the hoopla will simmer down only after the wedding. =P
Eric's on summer break so he's home for a few weeks. He usually teaches summer school down South, but because I'll be gone for about three weeks, we both agreed that it'll be better if he goes back to Subic for summer classes.
For three weeks I'll be accompanying my Dad to the US of A. Most of our time will be spent in California but I'm still hoping to jump over to my cousin in New York. The tail end of my trip will be spent with my bridesmaid, Elaine. We'll be dragging her husband to drive us to downtown LA so that we can shop for material for our gowns.
First semester is around the corner so it's back to the books for me. Comprehensive exams are in September and I have to start reviewing because some of the courses were over five years ago.
A number of things happened in the office last May and the situation is a little chaotic. I was on the warpath for awhile and was going head-to-head with anyone who darkened my office door. Thankfully, my boss took steps to rectify the situation and people have backed off so things are much better. Just as that was settling down, my boss' right hand man had to leave and so I was pulled in to take care of her position. Unfortunately, the hiring system in the office is impossibly long and the replacement won't be coming in until after my vacation. Until then, I'm neither here nor there and will have to continue juggling both offices.
On the wedding front, I'm trying to schedule my measurement taking with Veluz and Niko so as to finalize how much material I need to buy. On a spur of the moment, Eric and I made reservations for our mini-moon -- although it's not really a big deal, I'm glad we got that out of the way.
Oh! I'm happy to announce that we've been able to stick with spinning/cycling. It's not as regular as I'd want it to be, but I get to sweat it out at least once a week. It's also a better alternative to pigging out when stressed.
Eric's on summer break so he's home for a few weeks. He usually teaches summer school down South, but because I'll be gone for about three weeks, we both agreed that it'll be better if he goes back to Subic for summer classes.
For three weeks I'll be accompanying my Dad to the US of A. Most of our time will be spent in California but I'm still hoping to jump over to my cousin in New York. The tail end of my trip will be spent with my bridesmaid, Elaine. We'll be dragging her husband to drive us to downtown LA so that we can shop for material for our gowns.
First semester is around the corner so it's back to the books for me. Comprehensive exams are in September and I have to start reviewing because some of the courses were over five years ago.
A number of things happened in the office last May and the situation is a little chaotic. I was on the warpath for awhile and was going head-to-head with anyone who darkened my office door. Thankfully, my boss took steps to rectify the situation and people have backed off so things are much better. Just as that was settling down, my boss' right hand man had to leave and so I was pulled in to take care of her position. Unfortunately, the hiring system in the office is impossibly long and the replacement won't be coming in until after my vacation. Until then, I'm neither here nor there and will have to continue juggling both offices.
On the wedding front, I'm trying to schedule my measurement taking with Veluz and Niko so as to finalize how much material I need to buy. On a spur of the moment, Eric and I made reservations for our mini-moon -- although it's not really a big deal, I'm glad we got that out of the way.
Oh! I'm happy to announce that we've been able to stick with spinning/cycling. It's not as regular as I'd want it to be, but I get to sweat it out at least once a week. It's also a better alternative to pigging out when stressed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home