Registry recon
Eric and I have been very resistant to the whole idea of registering for gifts and just recently resigned ourselves to it. We visited Powerplant Mall (heh, not a problem as we're always there for Sunday mass), tonight was store #2 and in a few weeks we'll get to store #3.
This evening I went to Rustan's to fill-out the forms and figure out how to go about it. All the branches are hooked up to their very own network so you can create the list at one store, and your guests can go to any of their branches and shop from there. Pretty neat, huh? That solves my little problem of trying to decide on which branch. Being the hopelessly anal person that I am, I'm trying to organize the registry list by location: Ayala Center, Powerplant Mall, The Fort and Shangri-la Mall. This way, people can choose to shop at whichever place is most convenient for them.
Signing-up was easy enough, it's the selection process that can be a pain! Aisles and aisles of merchandise organized in a system that I don't understand. They gave me a list of suggested items to include in our preferred list, but there's just so much stuff to look at. I spotted a couple of other brides/grooms, they were walking around with sheets of paper in their hands. I even ran into a batchmate from Discovery Weekend who was also there without her fiance.
Life would be so much easier if there was a local equivalent to Amazon or Target. Window-shopping from the comfort of your own home! Not only are there more choices, but they also give you better quality and value for your money. I've been visiting their websites for about a month now, trying to find stuff for our new home. There is that tiny little issue of not being able to touch and feel an item, but if we stick to brands that we trust then everything should work out fine. So far I've picked out our flatware, cutlery and a set of Pyrex dishes that has been on my wish list since last year. All I have to do know is find somebody to haul everything back to the Philippines. =P
This evening I went to Rustan's to fill-out the forms and figure out how to go about it. All the branches are hooked up to their very own network so you can create the list at one store, and your guests can go to any of their branches and shop from there. Pretty neat, huh? That solves my little problem of trying to decide on which branch. Being the hopelessly anal person that I am, I'm trying to organize the registry list by location: Ayala Center, Powerplant Mall, The Fort and Shangri-la Mall. This way, people can choose to shop at whichever place is most convenient for them.
Signing-up was easy enough, it's the selection process that can be a pain! Aisles and aisles of merchandise organized in a system that I don't understand. They gave me a list of suggested items to include in our preferred list, but there's just so much stuff to look at. I spotted a couple of other brides/grooms, they were walking around with sheets of paper in their hands. I even ran into a batchmate from Discovery Weekend who was also there without her fiance.
Life would be so much easier if there was a local equivalent to Amazon or Target. Window-shopping from the comfort of your own home! Not only are there more choices, but they also give you better quality and value for your money. I've been visiting their websites for about a month now, trying to find stuff for our new home. There is that tiny little issue of not being able to touch and feel an item, but if we stick to brands that we trust then everything should work out fine. So far I've picked out our flatware, cutlery and a set of Pyrex dishes that has been on my wish list since last year. All I have to do know is find somebody to haul everything back to the Philippines. =P

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home