Yet another bridal fair
After the first few fairs, all the succeeding ones seem to be just variations of the same thing. Haha! That sounds a little jaded, but in the 20+ months that we've been engaged we've gone to more bridal fairs than I care to keep track of.
We've booked most if not all of our suppliers already (most of which did not come from any of the bridal fairs) and so I do not need nor want anymore flyers. The only reason why I wanted to go to this one was because I wanted to meet with Joy and give her our downpayment. At the last Wedding Expo we attended, we would politely decline all offers for flyers but still ended up with a bag-load of papers because people would literally shove them into our hands. Ugh. What a waste.
Keeping this in mind, I decided to conduct a little experiment. I took off my name tag just to see how suppliers would react. Nobody even TRIED to give me a flyer! I put it on for a few seconds and people started coming forward to talk to me. I took it off again, and was promptly ignored. What is this, an on/off switch? hee-hee!
So there I was, alternately holding the nametag in my hand or keeping it in my bag. The guards would remind to put it on, which I would, only to take it off after a few steps. I didn't mind it so much because I didn't stay in PICC for very long. I sat down and chatted with Joy; said "Hi!" to Katrina who was busy setting up their booth (I was that early, suppliers hadn't finished setting-up yet); looked in on Discovery Boracay but they didn't seem very interested in talking (Was it because I wasn't wearing my nametag? Or was it the missing fiance?) and took a peek at Chocolate Confections. My find for the day was a group that deals specifically with Tagaytay/Cavite weddings. Their website is fairly comprehensive and includes an extensive list of places to stay for our family and friends. Not bad for a lazy Saturday morning.
We've booked most if not all of our suppliers already (most of which did not come from any of the bridal fairs) and so I do not need nor want anymore flyers. The only reason why I wanted to go to this one was because I wanted to meet with Joy and give her our downpayment. At the last Wedding Expo we attended, we would politely decline all offers for flyers but still ended up with a bag-load of papers because people would literally shove them into our hands. Ugh. What a waste.
Keeping this in mind, I decided to conduct a little experiment. I took off my name tag just to see how suppliers would react. Nobody even TRIED to give me a flyer! I put it on for a few seconds and people started coming forward to talk to me. I took it off again, and was promptly ignored. What is this, an on/off switch? hee-hee!
So there I was, alternately holding the nametag in my hand or keeping it in my bag. The guards would remind to put it on, which I would, only to take it off after a few steps. I didn't mind it so much because I didn't stay in PICC for very long. I sat down and chatted with Joy; said "Hi!" to Katrina who was busy setting up their booth (I was that early, suppliers hadn't finished setting-up yet); looked in on Discovery Boracay but they didn't seem very interested in talking (Was it because I wasn't wearing my nametag? Or was it the missing fiance?) and took a peek at Chocolate Confections. My find for the day was a group that deals specifically with Tagaytay/Cavite weddings. Their website is fairly comprehensive and includes an extensive list of places to stay for our family and friends. Not bad for a lazy Saturday morning.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home