Friday, November 10, 2006

My brothers' barongs

My three brothers are all above 30, married, with kids and we've all been living our own lives for the past several years. But when it comes to formal occasions, they can be absolutely clueless. In an effort to make things easier on everyone, I decided to have barongs made for them (thank goodness we don't have the same problem with Eric's four brothers).

Enter the much talked about Mang Rey Casedo from the W@W supplier list.

Just so you understand my mind-set, I can be very picky but I also always chose my battles and my brothers' clothes was not something I was going to be overly critical about. I wanted something cheap & painless and Mang Rey fit all my requirements perfectly. He lives in Lumban, Laguna but he travels to Manila every so often because of his barong business. We had a bit of difficulty working out our schedules, but once that was ironed out it was smooth-sailing. He came to our house, took the measurements of my brothers and a week later delivered all their pina-jusi barongs and black pants. Easy peasy!

The pina-jusi barongs are machine-made and the design is ok. The pants are polyester and he followed my instructions regarding the cut and fit (no pleats or folds). My brothers are not exactly in the best of shape so as long as the shoulders of the barong don't droop and the pants fall at the proper length, I'm happy. Whenever Eric has a barong made I always make sure that the buttons are pretty, but because I was a little harassed when Mang Rey came over I completely forgot to attend to this detail. The first thing I checked when I saw the barong were the buttons; they're very nice and not the usual plastic ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home